Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

He's Growing Up! {RP Post}

Nathan recently celebrated his 8th birthday! He had a great day and planned the activities himself. He went to see the movie Wall-E, had a Fudgie the Whale ice cream cake from Carvel and then went to the carnival in town. Although the rides at the carnival didn't impress him too much.

You see, he is now big into roller coasters. He LOVES them and the bigger and faster they are, the better they are! We went to a Six Flags Amusement Park and he was thrilled with the huge coasters. Especially the ones that went upside down. And then backwards and upside down. Ken - not so thrilled. Me - it didn't matter as I'm pregnant and had an excuse to sit them out. :-)


Nathan and Ken are at the top of this coaster.


The ferris wheel was cool but didn't go fast enough for Nathan.


Maya desperately wanting to help unwrap Nathan's presents, much to Nathan's displeasure.


The cool big present was a hit.


Jonah and Maya going at it in typical fashion.


Fudgie the Whale


A happy birthday boy.


Contemplating the big birthday wishes.

I commented to him that I didn't want him to grow up TOO fast...and he replied {in a "duh" tone of voice} "Mommmmm, I still love you even though I'm growing."

Awww, isn't he sweet?

No comments: