Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

It is what it is {a little break from the POTD}

I worry a lot. Likely more than necessary as well. I research everything to the nth degree and make lists and plans and have grand ideas of how everything is supposed to be. And then I worry some more when life deviates from those plans. Hmm, control freak probably is a good way to describe me.

We've been through a lot of stressful times over the past several months, enough to turn me into a professional worrier, but ultimatley I do believe everything happens for a reason. And it just so happened that my son decided to arrive a month early, on his daddy's birthday no less. He spent 6 long days in the NICU and was finally able to come home and join our family. We named him Asher Caden. Asher, meaning happiness, fortunate and blessed. And Caden, meaning spirited fighter (and boy both of those names totally fit him!). He is completely adorable, incredibly sweet, and the love of the family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I may have finally realized that it doesn't matter how much I plan and worry, things will work out how they are supposed to. Does that mean I'll stop worrying and turn into a mama zen? Uh, doubtful! But I just might be a step closer to that path. My husband likes to tell me, quite often, "it is what it is". Well, things today are a little less worrisome and feeling damn good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad he's home. he looks so sweet.