Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Transitions

I've been feeling somewhat idle lately. I've also been feeling a bit melancholy. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'll soon be entering into a new decade of my life. For so long I've focused on the well-being of others and neglected myself. So now as I cross the bridge into the 4th decade of my life it is creeping up on me that I really need to broaden my focus and acknowledge my own needs. As a woman, as a mom, and as someone with, well, less than stellar self-esteem this is something that is incredibly hard for me to admit, let alone act on.

But I'm making an effort to be more authentic and more kind to myself. I won't lie; this requires constant effort and finding balance is so not my strong suit. It is much easier for me to be sarcastic and self depreciating. Yet this is something that I know is essential for my health so as I transition from my 30's into my 40's, I'm {slowly} transitioning my mindset.

transition

No comments: