Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

January in Review - Scrapbook Style

I'm a scrapper. I love everything about scrapbooking - the photos, the stories, creatively documenting our life, and all of the crafty stuff that scrapbooking entails. I love getting my hands dirty playing with inks, paints, spritzes, glue, and all that messy stuff. But I'm finding that sometimes it is easier to pull out the photoshop and digitally create my pages {no fun sparkly jars for the kids to be attracted to and soon dump}.

One of my favorite scrapping projects is to document the events in our day to day life. I started out doing this in the traditional scrapping style, progressing last year to hybrid scrapping {mix of traditional and hybrid} and this year I'm going fully digital for the project. I'm starting out simple but think I could start to like digital as much as traditional scrapbooking.

So here is our January, digital scrapbook style:

Photobucket

When I print this, it will be two 12x12" pages in my album. Don't ask me how to make this so you can click on it for a larger view...I'm not sure how to set that up!

No comments: