Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Faith Between Brothers

I'm jumping back in the game with the POTD. My boys are headed back to school next week and I'll be home with just my dd. My hope is that I'll have some extra time when she is napping to take more pics and post more. Here are a few pics from last weekend when we went to the shore. I think they're in line with the theme this week - faith. We were in Cape May, NJ and the waves were rolling in. My boys decided to take a break from boogie boarding and try their hand at body surfing. They held on to each other with great faith that they would keep each other safe. Nice to see them getting along.











I've just started shooting in RAW, just started using/learning CS2 (coming from PSE 5), and I was playing around with the SS to try to get some different effects with the waves. Unfortunately, that isn't easy to accomplish when the other subjects in the photos (children) move around a lot!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful- love the moments you captured!!! Reminds me of the firemens' anthem- "He's not heavy- he's my brother".

Kim said...

Too cute! They are so sweet!

cherie said...

very nice photos. so sweet to see the brotherly love.

Mom2Drew said...

Quite possibly the sweetest pics today:) Love the relationship and ancipation you see here.

Me said...

Love these. It is great to see brothers who get along. Good job, Mom!

Kathy King Photographer said...

What a treasure to have captured this moment between your boys.

Melissa said...

Love seeing relationships between siblings!

flute4peace said...

Love the story in these!