Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Busy Season is Here!

Fall is back to school time. But it is also back to soccer, swimming, cub scouts, gymnastics, homework, tight schedules, and exhaustion! The school year is in full swing and all the activities have picked back up. This weekend was a sign of things to come...Ken at one soccer game, me at another, a quick lunch that we picked up from somewhere and then off again to another activity. The good thing is that the kids really seem to enjoy their activities (and I limit how much they do...I can't imagine how others do it when they have even more going on, which is most of the people around us).

Ken got home safely from a trip to California Friday where he was able to squeeze in a quick visit with his cousin, Cynthia, in San Francisco. That night we had soccer practice and a cub scout activity. Saturday was 2 soccer games and then we had a nice end of the summer beach party/camp out at the local beach we belong to. This is indeed a great way to kiss the summer good-bye. More of the same on Sunday. Football? Don't think Ken is going to see much of it!

I love the laziness of summer but I think this upcoming Fall is going to be pretty good too.

Here are some photos from my camera. Ken's photos (N's soccer game & Cali) will be posted as soon as I can find his now missing camera...probably courtesy of little miss M!

Go J!



I think this means he was having a good time.



Little Wolf Scout now! Making sandwiches BEFORE (!) school for a local homeless shelter with his den.

No comments: