Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Flower Therapy

Every year around this time I start to feel a bit unsettled and anxious. Ski season is winding down, the ice on the lake is melting, the ground is mushy, and yet it is still pretty chilly out. I become antsy for spring while mother nature seems to take her ol' sweet time.

I suppose I become a bit impatient waiting for the seasonal change. So in my impatientness (yes, I like to make up words), I try to find ways to keep myself sane and preoccupied so I can avoid dealing with the real issues behind my unsettled feelings and anxiety. Because, really, who whats to go there?! This week I bought lots of flowers because, well, flowers are a great pick me up! Possibly a fleeting pick me up, yes, but nonetheless flowers are good for the soul (as is playing around with flower photos in photoshop).

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: