Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Project 52. Week 12.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.  ~Robert Brault

This is my little girl.

Her with her American Girl doll and her Dick and Jane book.

Such a simple moment, but one that fills me with such bliss.

She has been a bit late to the reading game - well, late by today's high pressure/push the kids to do more earlier and who cares if they aren't ready for it/crazy standards - but here she is...relishing a book on her own terms, when she is ready for it. Freshly six years old, happily reading to her favorite doll and completely enjoying it. She is easily reading the words with energy, with emotion, with fluency, and with comprehension.

On her own, reading, and it is all clicking together.

While this may look like such a little thing, it is truly a big deal and definitely a memory I hold close to my heart.

Photobucket

No comments: