Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Some Flowers for You

POTD botanicals from week six. I LOVE photographing flowers. They don't move, they don't complain, they aren't easily distracted, usually smell pretty good, and they seem to always be smiling (and not a cheezy smile either). Don't get me wrong, I love photographing my children but sometimes it is just more zen to snap away at a flower or two. I guess I was having one of those zen moments when I did this photo shoot. Hopefully when the days get a little ragged, I can gaze at these and visualize that zen. But then again sometimes zen can be a bit overrated, don't you think?


details: dRebelXT, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, f/11, 1/40 sec, ISO 800


details: dRebelXT, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, f/5.6, 1/50 sec, ISO 800

3 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Your blog looks pretty good to me-I'm so not qualified to give CC on anything blog related...took me forever to figure things out.

Looks like your photos are the size mine are, so I think they are good.

Love all the water in that first photo and your focus looks good. The second one looks very soft, not in focus but in emotion if that makes sense, it's nice.

Cindi Koceich said...

Gorgeous flower photos! I need to start trying these!! Great inspiration!!

Amanda said...

Wow! I really love that first one! Beautiful!