Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Things that make my life easier...pb&j!!!

This simple little sandwich has saved my sanity many a time! It is simple, nutritious, and quick! And "quick" is the important part. My children love this sandwich and too often I find that I'm short on time and the kids want lunch, like 5 minutes ago! Fortunately they love whole grain bread, natural peanut butter and berry jam preserves. In fact, one time we were on vacation and got my son a pb&j sandwich at a deli. Well, these sandwiches were on white bread and made with traditional peanut butter (very creamy) and grape jelly. My son wouldn't touch it! He thought it looked too strange and pouted. Well I must tell you that that just made the nutritionist in me secretly happy. :-)

Here's my pb &j that will undoubtedly make my life immensely easier this week.

5 comments:

Sue said...

My girls won't touch the eanut butter, ughh.. I wish - it is so easy! Great picture - love the composition.

Mom2Drew said...

I LIVED on these while pregnant with DS, fell in love all over again. Brings back memories from childhood, nice job.

robin said...

Great photo and story to go with it. We love pb&j at our house. When my oldest son (now 21) was in 4th grade, he had to take his lunch everyday and all he wanted was a pb&j sandwich. I'm surprised he'll still eat them! I love the advice in your banner! I think the pics of your kids are cute - gotta have a few of those "say cheese" photos!

~*Steffie*~ said...

Looks yummy! My DS loves PB but won't touch jelly.

Lorrie said...

Yum. Nice sharp shot.