Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Insanity!

While sorting through all the mail that has accumulated over the past 10 days we've been away, plus the handful of days before that when I didn't feel like looking at the mail, I came to the alarming realization that we get too much mail! Too much junk mail to be precise - and catalogs are the main culprit. When all was totaled up, we received 56 catalogs in just about 2 weeks!!!!

I know Christmas season is upon us and all, but why in the heck do I need 3 copies of the Discovery Channel catalog? Or 4 copies of Land's End? Or Pottery Barn TEEN? Ah, not yet thanks. Or any copy of American Girl??? There is no way I'm going to spend $150 on a doll for my 2 year old. Criminey, you should see what she does to her $5.00 doll - I think it has tattoos on it! At least it still has it's hair although I'm sure she'll chop that off at some point like all good little girls do.

So, I've spent the morning opting out of all these catalogs. That alone had a small level of insanity involved in trying to find the customer numbers on each one, but hey it was pretty painless and should save a forest here and there. If you want to stop the insanity as well - go here:

http://www.catalogchoice.org

No comments: