Parents, if you want wonderful pictures of your children, never teach them to say "cheese"! Please learn from my mistake or you will have thousands of photos just like mine - squinted eyes, scrunched up noses, clenched teeth, and an image that just screams "say cheez!!!". Join me while I search for that one perfect shot that doesn't conjure up images of dairy products. Oh, and unless you like that *messy* look, you'll probably want to clean their faces before you snap away. I never seem to remember myself.

An imporant sidenote is to make sure you document your life! Recording the little details of the who, what, where, when, & why makes for wonderful stories and captures your life for years to come. Because if you are like me, you'll forget it all 5 minutes later!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Six Years and Counting

The past six years have been a whirlwind for me! Lots of happiness, a little craziness, plenty of unexpectedness, but surely lots of love. It's hard for me to believe that my little boy is six years old today! It really does seem like just yesterday that he joined our family.

It has been an incredible journey over the last six years, starting with his unexpected arrival almost 7 weeks early. He kept me worrying so much in those early weeks! I still remember walking into the neonatal intensive unit on Mother's Day and the nurses telling me "Congrats mom, your little boy is off the ventilator". Man, that was the best mother's day gift ever! To know that things were going to be ok for my child just doesn't compare to anything else. I've continued to worry about all kinds of things over these six years and I suppose I'll do so for the rest of my life. But to see his amazing smile and hear his sweet voice brings so much happiness, even in the midst of the chaos of our daily life.

I've been told that sometimes the days are long, but the years fly by. My how unbelievably true that is! I'm amazed by how much joy he has brought into my life. I can't imagine what my life and our family would be like without him.

Happy Birthday J. I love you so incredibly much.

Here's my little Warhol-esqe play with him through the years - from birth to six years old!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Chell said...

Oh I love your collage. How cool.

Jess said...

Ooh, this is so neat! I love the "pop art" stuff! :)

Jena K Photography said...

Neat! I'd love to see this without the play as well.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

How cool.

For Over 29 Years... said...

What a cool idea! Great journaling.

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...that's pretty trippy:) Are you going to put it in his room? I bet he'd love it!

Debbi said...

Really neat collage! What a terrific, creative idea!

Anonymous said...

Your processing and your journaling is amazing. I think you never really stop worrying when you are a mom...no matter what!

Tricia said...

Very cool!!!!

Bobbi said...

Love this pop art collage! Those 6 years are crazy huh. Sometimes you feel like a moment will last forever and then you realize your baby is growing up.

Becky said...

I love that pop art look. This would look cool hanging on the wall.

Tori said...

too cool!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your DS! He's a cutie and the collage is so cool!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday J!